Tim Flannery is paid to help you understand why Australia is getting a Carbon Tax in eight weeks time. If you can’t fathom why the nation which emits just 1.3% of all man-made CO2 is going to pay three times the current market rate to reduce world temperatures by 0.00 degrees C, I’m sure Prof Tim will be delighted to help. Do book quickly. Sometimes these events sell out (even before they are publicized).
Australia’s Chief Climate Commissioner, Professor Tim Flannery, is visiting Sydney. The sixth biggest CBD in the country, Parramatta will host the next public forum for the Climate Commission. This is your opportunity to get involved in the conversation about climate change.
The Climate Commission provides independent, authoritative information on climate change to the Australian public.
Where: Parramatta RSL club , Cnr Macquarie & O’Connell St , Parramatta
When: 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM, Tuesday 15 May 2012. Doors open 6.00pm
Everyone is welcome. Book your place now to avoid disappointment.
What would you like to ask Tim in our National Climate Conversation?
- Perhaps you wonder why he keeps calling us names?
- Maybe you can’t figure out how the Climate Commission can call themselves “independent” when it’s funded by The Government?
- Perhaps you’d like to see a real debate instead of just being told “there isn’t one”.
- Could it be that the compelling case to sacrifice billions to “lead the way” to escapes you? You wonder why we don’t spend that money planting trees, curing cancer, or feeding kids in Chad? Better to let them starve eh?
- The Clean-Energy-Future-Fund tells households they don’t have to pay the carbon tax (because it only applies to evil corporations). If we don’t have to pay, which part of our electricity bill do we ignore?