Donald Trump quoted Patrick Moore this week — the skeptic with an ecology PhD who was once a Founder of Greenpeace. So Greenpeace leapt to do some damage control on their brandname and created more damage instead. They promptly tweeted that he was never a founder and is a paid lobbyist. (And what is Greenpeace anyway if not paid lobbyists?)
If they’ll lie about their own history, what won’t they lie about?
Greenpeace tweet in 2019:
Greenpeace history page in 2007:
Patrick was not only one of the first five, but he was their only scientist.
For 40 years of Greenpeace history Patrick Moore was called one of the five founders of Greenpeace. He traveled on the first Greenpeace boat trip. Thanks to the Wayback Machine we know that sometime in March 2007 he fell off the Founders list.
Just Greenpeace copying their Soviet idols.
Other Greenpeace starring moments:
- Greenpeace is coming:“We know where you live.”
- Unintended Consequences: Greens protect coal deposits and destroy rainforest
- Greenpeace: witchhunters with $280m dollars to spend
- Greenpeace-gate: Lead Author on IPCC was Greenpeace employee.
- When is your Green Charity too big? When it loses $5m currency trading
- BBC secret exposed: Greenpeace, activists, BP decide what “science” Brits see.